+ QUEENSLAND WOMEN'S STRATEGY 2016-2021 (Queensland Government)
The Queensland Women’s Strategy 2016-2021 provides a framework for government, the private sector and the wider Queensland community to take significant action to achieve gender equality in Queensland. Based on the best available evidence, it also reflects the views of a wide range of community members, and representatives from the non-government, government and private sectors.
For full information visit:
- AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S REGISTER http://www.womenaustralia.info/
A rich and growing source of information about Australian women and their organisations.
- economic Security4Women (eS4W) http://www.security4women.org.au/
economic Security4Women (eS4W) is a national women’s alliance, funded by the Australian Government through the Office for Women. It is an alliance of women’s organisations united in the belief that economic wellbeing and financial security are essential for women and will enable women of all ages to have an equal place in society.
- EMILY'S LIST https://www.emilyslist.org.au/
- ENCYCLOPEDIA OF WOMEN AND LEADERSHIP IN 20TH CENTURY AUSTRALIA http://www.womenaustralia.info/leaders/index.html
- EQUALITY RIGHTS ALLIANCE http://www.equalityrightsalliance.org.au/
Equality Rights Alliance (ERA) is Australia’s largest network of organisations with an interest in advancing women’s equality. ERA has a focus on gender equality, women’s leadership and women’s diversity, including bringing young women’s voices to policy and decision making.
- EQUAL PAY DAY http://www.equalpayday.com.au/
The Equal Pay Alliance represents Australian employer and employee organisations, including business, union and community groups who have joined together to pursue practical action to ensure women’s work is properly valued and that decades of inequity are brought to an end.
- INSPIRING WOMEN (UK) http://www.inspiringthefuture.org/inspiring-women/
Women from a wide range of occupations volunteer to go into schools and talk to young women about their jobs and the route they took.
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (IWDA) www.iwda.org.au
International Women’s Development Agency IWDA is the leading Australian agency entirely focussed on women’s rights and gender equality in the Asia Pacific region.
- NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN OF AUSTRALIA http://www.ncwa.org.au/Index.asp?pagename=Home&site=1&siteid=6553
NCWA is a national non-government umbrella organisation with broadly humanitarian and educational objectives, which seeks to raise the awareness of women and girls to their rights and responsibilities as citizens and to encourage the participation of women in all aspects of community life.
- WORKING WOMEN QUEENSLAND http://wwq.org.au/
Provides a free, confidential & supportive service to help vulnerable women with work-related matters.
- WORKPLACE GENDER EQUALITY AGENCY https://www.wgea.gov.au/
Achieving gender equality is important for workplaces not only because it is ‘fair’ and ‘the right thing to do’, it is also vitally important to the bottom line of a business and the productivity of our nation.